Anna Gomez (also writing as Christine Brae)
Anna was born and raised in the city of Makati, Philippines. She attended an all girls Catholic school and spent her high school years in Vancouver, B.C. before continuing her college education at De La Salle University in Manila. After graduation, she worked for the government as a staff member on the Committee on Economic Affairs. She met and married her best friend who whisked her away to the cold winters of Chicago over twenty years ago.
Anna is a Certified Public Accountant with a degree in Economics and a Minor in Humanities. Having been educated abroad, she set out to prove herself when she moved to the U.S. Her career started as a copy girl in a law firm. Anna is now CFO of Leo Burnett Worldwide, one of the most respected advertising agencies in the country, and one of the largest agency networks in the world, with 85 offices and 9,000+ employees. (Multinational clients include Fiat, Samsung, Procter & Gamble, Kellogg’s, Altria, Coca-Cola, GM, McDonald’s, Pfizer, and Facebook.)
After experiencing a great loss in her life, Anna decided that it was time to channel her feelings on paper and see where it would take her. She never imagined that her words would touch the hearts of so many women with the same stories to tell.
Anna has the following associations:
- Member, Illinois CPA Society
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Board of Directors — Hugh O Brien Youth Leadership and Girl Scouts of America, Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Owner and Shareholder, PL Enterprises Inc.
- Owner and Shareholder, AGS Realty Inc.
- Moments Like This — Anna Gomez with Kristoffer Polaha (2021)
- The Year I Left — Christine Brae (2019)
- Eight Goodbyes — Christine Brae (2018)
- In This Life — Christine Brae (2016)
- Insipid — Christine Brae (2014)
- His Wounded Light — Christine Brae (2013)
- The Light in the Wound — Christine Brae (2013)
Photo by Chelsea Lauren
In development for film by Emmanuelle Chriqui and Adrian Bellani - IN THIS LIFE.
The deal was announced exclusively by Variety.com, who had this to say about Christine Brae’s recently published romance-drama:
The book, written by Chicago-based author Christine Brae and the actors, who reside in Los Angeles, were connected via social media after Chriqui and Bellani discovered an early version of the book.Chriqui’s credits include “Entourage,” “Supertroopers 2” and “Shut Eye.” Bellani’s credits include “Moneyball,” “Person of Interest” and “Passions.”
BookExpo, New York Rights Fair, Times Square 2019
Leo Burnett colleagues strolling through Times Square excited to find the billboard with The Year I Left.