Mary is an international bestselling, award-winning author. She writes soulful, spellbinding stories that excite the imagination and captivate readers around the world. Her books span a wide range of genres, and her storytelling talents have earned a devoted legion of fans, as well as garnered critical praise.
Becoming an author happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death of her beloved grandmother, and inspired by a dream she had in high school. After realizing she wanted to become a full-time author, Mary retired from teaching after twenty years. She also had the privileged of touring with the Magic Johnson Foundation to promote literacy and her children’s chapter book: No Bullies Allowed.
Mary resides in Southern California with her husband, two children, and two little dogs, Mochi and Mocha. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Being a huge Twilight fan, Mary was inspired to make book-themed jewelry and occasionally gives it away as prizes to her fans.
Mary, who also pens works as M. Clarke, is currently working on a special project with Michael David Ward to novelize his comic book series, Loween.
Books and Awards
- My Clarity: Readers’ Favorite International Gold Award Winner for Romance 2014; International Bestselling title—peaking at #50 US Amazon Top 100 Paid list, #80 UK, #4 AU, #10 CA, #1 in Coming of Age/New Adult.
- Crossroads Saga: Reader’s Favorite Gold Award Winner for Young Adult 2012
- Descendant Prophecies, Amazon #1 Greek and Roman category
- From Gods: RONE Award finalist for InD’Tale Magazine for Young Adult
- Something Great Series: #1 in Amazon’s Love and Romance category; top 10 in Coming of Age/New Adult.