Dr. Gareth Worthington
Gareth Worthington holds a degree in marine biology, a PhD in endocrinology, and currently educates the World’s doctors on new cancer therapies. Gareth has hand tagged sharks in California; won in the Science Fiction Category at the 2017 London Book Festival and won honorable mention at the New York Book Festival 2012 and 2013 for his writing; and trained in various martial arts, including Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, and MMA at the EVOLVE MMA gym in Singapore and Phoenix KampfSport Switzerland.
Born in Plymouth UK, Worthington currently resides outside of Zurich, Switzerland.
Honors and Awards
- Children of the Fifth Sun: 2018 Silver Falchion Award Finalist in SCIFI/FANTASY/HORROR
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 New York Book Festival Winner in Science Fiction
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 Dragon Award Finalist (Winner TBA Sept. 2018
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 Cygnus Award Finalist (Winner TBA in 2019
- Children of the Fifth Sun: Echelon: 2018 Hollywood Book Festival Winner in Science Fiction
- Children of the Fifth Sun: 2017 London Book Festival Winner in Sci-Fi
IT TAKES DEATH TO REACH A STAR is more than just a futuristic thriller. Here, we set out to explore where the human race is headed in terms of our need for perceived perfection, the widening gap between social classes, the rise in terror-based tactics of extremist groups and the impending global impact of anti-bacterial resistance.
Grounding the novel in facts and scientific theories, we expanded on our current society ad absurdum and imagined where will be in just a few hundred years.
Moreover, we wanted to explore the possibility that religion and science are both attempting to explain the same thing: our universe. In fact, they may not be mutually exclusive but two views of the same coin – if only we’d listen to each other.