Dr. Gareth Worthington
Gareth Worthington holds a degree in marine biology, a PhD in endocrinology, and currently educates the World’s doctors on new cancer therapies. His debut work merited a finalist in the prestigious Silver Falchion Award for Science Fiction and his futuristic thriller with Stu Jones took finalist honors in the 2018 Dragon Awards. Gareth has hand tagged sharks in California and trained in various martial arts, including Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, and MMA at the EVOLVE MMA gym in Singapore and Phoenix KampfSport Switzerland.
Born in Plymouth UK, Worthington currently resides outside of Zurich, Switzerland.
Honors and Awards
- Children of the Fifth Sun: 2018 Silver Falchion Award Finalist in SCIFI/FANTASY/HORROR
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 New York Book Festival Winner in Science Fiction
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 Dragon Award Finalist
- It Takes Death To Reach A Star: 2018 Cygnus Award Finalist (Winner TBA in 2019)
- Children of the Fifth Sun: Echelon: 2018 Hollywood Book Festival Winner in Science Fiction
- Children of the Fifth Sun: 2017 London Book Festival Winner in Sci-Fi